Our theme for November and December is “Stand“.
We feel that the Holy Spirit is calling us to identify the specific things he has given us to steward, and is reminding us of our authority in prayer to stand our ground and see His will be done.
So we encourage you to consider what grace is on you to serve Jesus. Perhaps you’ve been distracted or discouraged in this recently. We encourage you to realise this and to stand firm, embracing the call of God and standing your ground for the kinds of things he has called you to do.
We are thinking both individually and corporately. Here are some examples:
- You have been praying for a friend or family member for a long time, and you have a sense of God’s promises for them.
- You are aware of skills and capabilities that God has given you and He has been prompting you to use them to bless others and glorify Him.
- Your church or organisation provides a special service to people in your locality or across the city.
In all these situations, we believe this is a special time to stand firm in prayer.
- Keep speaking out the specific promises of God you have heard for the situation.
- Pray persistently for a multiplication of God’s grace in this area.
- Pray for those you know who are standing firm in the Kingdom of God, stewarding things entrusted to them by God.
- Listen to God for other areas in which He has commissioned you to stand firm.
We will be collecting specific prayers and stories about standing firm in the prayer room over these months and are looking forward to sharing them together.
|If you are part of a church or organisation that has a call from God to do something specific in Southampton, we would be delighted to pray for you and stand firm together in prayer for what God is doing through you. Get in touch for more info.|
Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches.Rev 2:7, NIV
To the one who is victorious, I will give the right to eat from the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God.